A fire which broke out here on Tuesday morning damaged structure and accessories of billing section of Power Development Department office at Sangam Anantnag.
An official told GNS that a fire broke out at around 10:10 AM inside the billing section, and soon after spread to the whole chamber. “Fire tenders were immediately called in to the site and after hours of hectic efforts, the flames were put out”, the official said.
“Ceiling of the room and other electronic gadgets and accessories which included printers, inverter, Jio Fibre, locker and several trunks containing record worth lacs of rupees were damaged in the mishap”, the official said.
“Cause of the fire is believed to be a short circuit”, the official said further. (GNS)