Banks will be closed for 17 days in August 2022 including Saturday and Sunday holidays. If you have any work related to the bank in August, then definitely take the information about the holidays. It should not happen that the day you go to the bank, the bank is closed on that day.
New Delhi. Bank Holidays in August 2022: If we call the month of August as the month of festivals, then it will not be wrong. In August there are big festivals like Rakshabandhan (Rakshabandhan 2022), Janmashtami (Janmashtami 2022), Ganesh Chaturthi and Parsi New Year as well as Independence Day 2022. The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has released the list of holidays for August.
In the next month, banks will remain closed for 17 days including Saturday and Sunday holidays. If you have any work related to the bank in August, then definitely take the information about the holidays. It should not happen that on the day you go to the bank, the bank is closed on that day and you have to return unharmed.
According to the states,
let us tell you that all these holidays will not be applicable in all the states. According to the list of holidays given on the official website of RBI (Bank Holidays List 2022), banking holidays also depend on the festivals celebrated in different states or the notification of special occasions in those states. Therefore, it is not that in the entire country itself, banks will not work for 17 days in the month of August.
Here is the list of holidays
- August 1, 2022 – Drupaka She-Ji festival (banks will remain closed in Gangtok)
- 7 August 2022 – First Sunday
- 8 August 2022 – Muharram (Banks will be holiday in Jammu and Srinagar)
- 9 August 2022 – Banks will remain closed across the country except Chandigarh,
- Guwahati, Imphal, Dehradun, Shimla, Thiruvananthapuram, Bhubaneswar, Jammu, Panaji, Shillong.
- 11 August 2022 – Rakshabandhan (Ahmedabad, Bhopal, Dehradun, Jaipur will be holiday in Shimla)
- August 12 (Banks will not work in Kanpur Lucknow)
- 13 August 2022 – Second Saturday
- 14 August 2022-Sunday
- 15 August 2022 – Independence Day
- 16 August 2022 – Parsi New Year (Bank Holiday in Mumbai and Nagpur)
- 18 August 2022 – Janmashtami (Banks will be holiday in Bhubaneswar, Kanpur, Dehradun, Lucknow)
- 19 August 2022 (Banks will remain closed in Ahmedabad, Bhopal Chandigarh Chennai Gangtok, Jaipur Jammu, Patna Raipur Ranchi, Shillong, Shimla and Srinagar)
Banks will remain closed in Hyderabad on August 20.
- 21 August 2022 – Sunday.
- 28 August 2022-Sunday.
- 29 August (Holiday in Guwahati).
- 31 August 2022 – Ganesh Chaturthi (banks will remain closed in Gujarat, Maharashtra, Karnataka).