This number is used in many places, but in recent times there have been cases when these 12 digits are not of Aadhaar. In such a situation, UIDAI has warned people that every 12 numbers is not an Aadhaar number. Many times people enter the wrong Aadhaar number and due to this many types of fraud also happen. UIDAI has given easy steps to avoid such frauds. Let’s know about this-
Aadhaar gave information by tweeting-
Aadhar has given information by tweeting on this matter from its official Twitter handle that every 12 digits are not aadhar numbers. It is very important to verify Aadhaar before accepting it as ID proof. With this, you will not be a victim of any kind of fraud later. To verify it, you have to visit the official website of UIDAI.
Cross check the Aadhaar number like this-
1. For this you visit the official website of UIDAI, uidai.gov.in.
2. After this click on My Aadhaar.
3. Next select Aadhaar Services.
4. After this you select the Verify In Aadhaar Number option.
5. Next you have to enter the Aadhar number and fill out the captcha next.
6. After this click on the submit option.
7. If your Aadhaar number is correct, then its information will start appearing on the screen. It Will show an error on the wrong Aadhaar number.